I'm not gonna lie, my dog is beyond spoiled. Since I have no children, my dog has become the apple of my eye and I thoroughly enjoy spoiling him! On my last visit to NYC, I picked up these adorable little cookie cutters in the shape of a fire hydrant, dog house, weener dog, and a westie dog. Yesterday was the perfect day to put them to test with Aces fave dog cookie. He intuitively knows when I am baking these for him. He stands guard in the kitchen watching my every move, sniffing the oven, waiting for those few precious words, "Do you want a cookie?" He goes gaga for these cookies, and I love knowing that what I am feeding him is 100% all natural and organic. You can substitute the sweet potato for canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix) or pureed squash. These are so simple to make, and the ingredients can be played around with to tailor to your furry friends taste preferences.
Organic Sweet Potato & Peanut Butter Dog Treats
2½ cups organic rice flour (you can also use whole wheat)
1/3 cup organic rolled oats
1 cup organic canned sweet potato
2 tbsp organic natural peanut butter (the only ingredients should be peanuts)
½ tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Using a stand mixer, combine all ingredients, and mix on low speed.
- Dough will be very stiff, but you can add organic chicken broth as needed to make it workable.
- Finish by kneading by hand, as if you were kneading dough for bread.
- Using a lightly floured surface, roll dough out to 1/4" thickness.
- Use cookie cutters, or cut dough into small squares.
- Bake on a cookie sheet for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown and firm to the touch.
Make sure to cool completely on a wire rack before allowing your dog to sample. Since there are no preservatives in these they must be stored in the refrigerator or freezer, otherwise they will mold fast.
|Available at Whole Foods|
|How cute are these?!|
|I purchased this from Target for $8.99|
|My little man, patiently waiting :)|
Hope your pooch enjoys these as much as mine does!!